Saturday, October 5, 2013

What Aerin does at art class...

I love art. As if you guys couldn't tell. 

I also love books. Only makes sense to combine the two. Inspired by the eclectic authoress's post on things done with books to make book art, I decided to share my own book art, altered books. The idea is simple. Get a book you don't mind never reading again, and go crazy. A picture is worth a thousand words so I'm just going to insert them... Any questions about the actual process? Feel free to ask!


A book in it's very early stages. I'm trying something new! Inserting matchbook drawers in my altered books! So far, very frustrating trying to cut the holes... I think doing it before gluing the pages together might work best...



Here are random pages I'm fond of for you to enjoy... from two different books. Feel free to ask me about anything shown.

My first book, still a WIP...four years later...
Cover done with Elmer's glue and a candle... ;)
Random collage pages here...











 

                                      
I love this poem. I put a lot of poems in my books.
very proud of this one.
This one was just random paint splotches that turned out birds with the help of some outlining




 My second book also a WIP. Only about a year or two for this one... :)

Trace the outline from a painting and painted over it...love the pose...



This one's gorgeous... 






1 comment:

  1. THESE ARE SO COOL :o I need to do this... also I really love that random paint splotches made into birds *heart eyes*

    ReplyDelete